Member for Morwell Russell Northe is inviting the community to consider nominating a local high achiever for the Victorian Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
Mr Northe said the awards encourage, acknowledge and reward the valuable contribution individuals, businesses, groups and organisations are making in regional and rural Victoria.
“The Regional Achievement and Community Awards began in 2002 and have grown to become one of the most prestigious Awards programs in Regional Victoria,” Mr Northe said.
“The Awards highlight the valuable contribution people make towards building a stronger and better local community. There are many wonderful initiatives that deserve to be honoured with a nomination.”
Nominations are being sought in the following categories:
- Federation Training Gippsland Regional Achiever Award
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award
- Life Activities Clubs Victoria and Henry Carus & Associates Senior Achievement Award
- Parks Victoria Environmental Sustainability Award
- Regional Development Victoria Business Achievement Award
- Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Regional Development Victoria Leadership and Innovation Award
- MOA Benchmarking Community Service in Aged Care Award
Mr Northe said the awards provided the perfect opportunity to recognise leaders and innovators across a diverse range of sectors that make their communities better places.
Category winners will each receive $2,000 from Bank of Melbourne or an airtime package on the Prime 7 network.
“There can never be enough encouragement and support for those working in regional and rural areas and awards such as the Regional Achievement and Community Awards provide a catalyst and opportunity for us to say thank you to those who work tirelessly in developing our region to make it a better place to live,” Mr Northe said.
“We have many individuals, groups, programs and businesses worthy of nomination in Gippsland, so I encourage the community to make a nomination.”
Nominations close on Wednesday 20 July 2016 with judging taking place on Wednesday 31 August 2016. For more information about the grants you can visit http://www.awardsaustralia.com/regional-achievement-community-awards/vic
Media contact: 5133 9088